Anlaby High Road, Hull HU4 6AG Telephone 01482324956
Officially opened in the winter of 1951 these alms houses consist of 56 one bedroomed flats, in blocks of four on the West, South and East sides of the grounds. Eight two bedroom bungalows are located on the North Side of the grounds and the Rest Homes Centre, in the middle, is the location of the Common Room, Dining Room, Offices, Laundry and a room where hairdressers, manicurists, and Chiropodists can practice.
The Rest Homes are supervised by a Warden, Mrs. C. Ellerby on behalf of Trinity House.
Conditions for entry:
Persons in receipt of a Trinity House Charity Grant.
Other persons must be:
- Not less than 60 years of age
Proof of income must be submitted at the time of application
Applications can be made directly through the Warden, Mrs. C. Ellerby at the Rest Homes, telephone 01482 351092, or Office 01482 324956.
Description of the site.
The Flats and Bungalows are surrounded by pleasant lawns, trees and flower beds which are maintained by the staff of Trinity House.
The Flats and Bungalows are maintained by our own staff.
The property has its own security patrols and is covered by CCTV.
Residents can take advantage of the group “contents insurance” scheme.
Access to the main road is only a short walk away along the drive and there is a bus stop outside the gates served by several bus routes to the town and other areas